Commercial Escrow Officer
Job Title: Commercial Escrow Officer
Job Type: Full time
Summary: The Commercial Escrow Officer provides closing services for commercial transactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall closing process.
- Maintain professional relationship with customers.
- Provide status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers.
- Review contract, title commitment, and lender instructions in order to prepare settlement statements and the necessary real estate documents for closing.
- Submit an error free HUD-1 settlement statement to lender for approval.
- Provide a professional closing experience to include: obtaining appropriate signatures, handling of good funds, and meeting all title and lender requirements.
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle a commercial real estate transaction from the receipt of the contract through funding and disbursement.
- Prepare the closing file for the disbursement department according to the company disbursement guidelines.
- Resolve all post-closing reconciliation issues including company reports and according to company time frames.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player and mentor to closing assistant/closing team. At times assisting the closing assistant to obtain and/or update file information when needed for processing.
- Closer must know and be able to perform every task of the closing assistant duties as well as their own.
- Constant communication with assigned closing assistant.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Closing Manager.
- 5 plus years of closing experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law.
- Ability to build and maintain productive customer relationships.
- IMPACT system experience is a plus.
- Must have Current Notary
- Producer’s License is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and documentation skills
- Good customer service skills along with excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to productively interact with peers, customers and management
- Proficient with internet navigation
- Telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail, professionalism, organized and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (e.g., probability and statistical inferences); the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates in a typical office environment.
- Work is performed largely at a desk, utilizing typical office equipment, including computers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
*All applicants will be subject to a background check.
Employment Application Download