Commercial Title Officer
Job Title: Commercial Title Officer
Job Type: Full time
Title Officer will search, analyze, and evaluate records on title for commercial properties to ensure that the title to a property is free and clear of restrictions that may affect its sale or use. The findings of a title search and examination are needed to issue title insurance for parties acquiring an interest in said properties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine title search documents to determine the appropriate requirements to clear title, exceptions from coverage, legal description, and vested owner of subject property to be included in the title commitment.
- Evaluate which documents need to be reviewed to determine the insurability of the property and the insured parties of a transaction.
- Create and revise title commitment as necessary.
- Verify that title insurance rates and coverage provided on the title commitment are given in accordance with instructions received by the insured parties of the transaction and in accordance with our office and underwriting guidelines.
- Insure that title products are completed in a timely manner and are of the highest quality. The examiner should determine order priority, the specific needs of our clients, and the instructions from their supervisor.
- Communicate with office staff and clients regarding issues with requested title insurance coverage or defects that may impact the closing of a transaction.
- Communicate to supervisors any issues that may affect the closing of a transaction and any circumstances that may lead to a client or customer dissatisfaction.
- Meet and exceed the needs of our office and our clients by completing the specific tasks associated with the Title Examiner position and assisting others with their duties whenever possible.
- At least 5 years of title experience and High School degree
- Able to follow all company procedures and policies including meeting the company customer service expectations
- Strong research and investigative skills
- Title Producer’s Licens.
- Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and documentation skills
- Good customer service skills along with excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to productively interact with peers, customers and management
- Proficient with internet navigation
- Telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail, professionalism, organized and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (e.g., probability and statistical inferences); the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates in a typical office environment.
- Work is performed largely at a desk, utilizing typical office equipment, including computers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
*All applicants will be subject to a background check.
Employment Application Download