Job Title: Disburser/Disbursing Assistant
Job Type: Full time
The disburser provides support to the escrow department by assisting with the disbursement duties of the file after the transaction has closed and funded.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain professional relationship with the internal customers.
• Log files on disbursement log
• Separate checks from documents to be scanned
• Scan the appropriate sections of the file: recordings, Loan documents, policy documents, combine processing and accounting
• Move above scans to the S-drive by the end of each day
• All checks over $500 prepare label and put in bin to go out same day
• All checks under $500 prepare envelope for regular mail and put in mail bin
• Set original recording aside to record
• Check S-drive for all scans, if nothing is missing shred the file.
• Scan in all recordings after review (check vesting deed for legal, make sure no signatures are missing, verify buyer legal address on Warranty Deed to be the same as address on DT 1000 and Aging letter, check notary acknowledgement, check riders, stamp all recordings with ghost stamp an write in the appropriate doc fee on the Warranty Deed
• Once the documents are scanned into Simplifile verify the above items to be correct to insure nothing is missed and Record
• Pull recordings from Simplifile
• PDF print to S-drive and regular print (print entire document ) for mailing and policy packages
• Print recording refund check to be mailed out with original recordings
• Update Trial Balance Report under disbursement drop down box in Impact to reflect actual funds in file
• If recording check is short submit a funding request form marked Recording Shortage and scan to the file. Turn in copy to Closing Manager and the original to the closer’s supervisor.
• Scan the policy packages and give the policy check (s) to Finals at the end of each day or Fedex out to LSI or appropriate title company at the end of the day.
Labeling Scans to identify them easily in a search – property address then scan name
• 1900 16th Street Loan Docs (example)
• 1900 16th Street Policy Package
• 1900 16th Street Processing and Accounting
• 1900 16 Street Recordings
• Note the document prior to scanning as to why it is being re-recorded
• Submit funding request form , mark re-recording and scan to S-drive and provide copy to closing manager and original to closing supervisor
• Most Full releases from a Bank can be recorded in Simplifile. Private Party Releases from individuals, LLC’s, Corporations will need to be sent via over night mail to the county with the appropriate accompanying documents along with a cover letter specific to the file from Impact. A return Federal Express Envelope will also need to be provided in case the County needs to send the documents back to us. All documentation will need to be scanned into the Escrow Folder in Impact.
Partial Releases and Live Notes
• For these documents see your supervisor or closing manager for special handling instructions of the Release and Live Note. These documents may need to be delivered by an Assured Title company employee.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Disbursement duties may change as accounts and volume change and as directed by immediate supervisor.
• Team player – May need to assist other Escrow teams to maintain an even work flow; including our Front Desk Assistants.
• May need to assist on special projects like Trial Balance Report and Outstanding Check Reports in down time.
• Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers on work load.
• Constant communication with closers and closing supervisors
• Ability to multitask.
• Identify areas for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Closing Manager.
• Must keep closing information confidential.
• 2 plus years escrow assistant experience. Closer experience is preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Able to follow all company procedures and policies including meeting the company customer service expectations.
• REO experience is a plus.
• IMPACT system experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer service
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Proficient with Internet navigation • Telephone etiquette
• Attention to detail
• Able to multi-task
*All applicants will be subject to a background check.
If interested in current openings or future opportunities, please fill out the downloadable Employment Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. Please include the position name in email subject line. For example, Application for Escrow Officer.
Employment Application Download