Escrow Officer I
Job Title: Escrow Officer I
Job Type: Full time
The Escrow Officer provides closing services for one or more of the following lines of business; REO, residential resale, refinance, builder, and/or commercial.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall closing process.
- Maintain professional relationship with customers.
- Provide status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers.
- Review contract, title commitment, and lender instructions in order to prepare settlement statements and the necessary real estate documents for closing.
- Prepare closing statements using FHA, VA, and conventional lending guidelines to meet RESPA regulations.
- Submit an error free HUD-1 settlement statement to lender for approval.
- Provide a professional closing experience to include: obtaining appropriate signatures, handling of good funds, and meeting all title and lender requirements.
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle a real estate transaction from the receipt of the contract through funding and disbursement.
- Prepare the closing file for the disbursement department according to the company disbursement guidelines.
- Resolve all post-closing reconciliation issues including company reports and according to company time frames.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player and mentor to closing assistant/closing team. At times assisting the closing assistant to obtain and/or update file information when needed for processing.
- Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers on work load and scheduled closings.
- Constant communication with assigned closing assistant.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Closing Manager.
- 3-5 years of closing experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law.
- Ability to build and maintain productive customer relationships.
- Experience with developing alliances with others as necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- Able to follow all company procedures and policies including meeting the company customer service expectations.
- REO experience is a plus.
- IMPACT system experience is a plus.
- Must have current notary
- Producer’s License is a plus.
*All applicants will be subject to a background check.
If interested in current openings or future opportunities, please fill out the downloadable Employment Application Form and send to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Please include the position name in email subject line. For example, Application for Escrow Officer.
Employment Application Download