Job Title: Title Searcher
Job Type: Full time
Title Searcher will search, analyze, and evaluate records for titles to land, homes, and other buildings to provide a complete product of documents that affect the title to a Title Examiner. The findings of a title search and examination are needed to issue title insurance to parties acquiring an interest in subject properties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Search real estate and other pertinent records to determine the items that affect the title, including but not limited to, ownership records and liens or encumbrances on the title.
- Determine the scope and length of the search in order to comply with company and underwriter’s procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluate which documents need to be reviewed by the Title Examiner to determine the insurability of the property and the insured parties to a transaction.
- Research the documents reported in the search to evaluate if the documents apply to and affect the title of a property.
- Organize the records that impact the title to allow for the Title Examiner to quickly review the chain of documents associated with title.
- Insure that title products are completed in a timely manner and are of the highest quality.
- Communicate with office staff and clients regarding issues with requested title insurance coverage or defects that may affect the closing of a transaction.
- Communicate to supervisors any issues that may affect the closing of a transaction and any circumstances that may lead to a client or customer dissatisfaction.
- Meet and exceed the needs of our office and our clients by completing the specific tasks associated with the Title Searcher position and assisting others with their duties whenever possible.
- At least one year of title experience and High School degree.
- Able to follow all company procedures and policies including meeting the company customer service expectations.
- Strong research and investigative skills.
- Title Producer’s License is a plus. (If not, must obtain within one year of employment.)
- Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law a plus.
*All applicants will be subject to a background check.
Employment Application Download